Do not let a Drug Arrest Ruin Your Vacation
Many countries have stiff penalties for drug infractions and strictly impose drug laws. If you are caught purchasing, selling, bring or utilizing any type of drug – from hashish to heroin, marijuana to mescaline, drug to quaaludes – you will be arrested. You go through foreign laws overseas, not U.S. laws, and, if detained, you will discover that:
– Couple of nations provide a jury trial.
– Trials are frequently long, with delays and postponements.
– The majority of countries do decline bail.
– Pre-trial detention, typically in solitary confinement, might last for months.
If you are convicted, you deal with a possible sentence of:
– 2 – 10 years in numerous countries
– A minimum of 6 years hard labor and a stiff fine in some nations
– The death sentence in a variety of nations (e.g. Malaysia, Pakistan, Turkey, Thailand, Saudi Arabia).
During recent years, there has been an increase in the number of females detained abroad. These are typically females who function as drug couriers or “mules” and who believe that they can make fast cash and have a trip at the same time, without getting caught. Instead of a holiday, they receive an irreversible home in an overseas jail.
Since they had just one ounce or less of cannabis, U.S. residents have actually been detained abroad on drug charges. The threat of being imprisoned for simply one cannabis cigarette is just not worth it!
As soon as you are detained, the U.S. consular officer CAN NOT get you out of prison nor out of the country!
Likewise, the U.S. consular officer CAN NOT.
– Represent you at trial or provide you legal counsel.
– Pay legal charges and/or fines with U.S. Federal government funds.
– If someone offers you a complimentary journey and some simple and quick cash, just for reviving a travel suitcase … SAY NO!
– Do not bring a package for anyone, no matter how little it may be.
– Do not let anybody pack your travel suitcases for you while you are abroad.
– If the drugs are in you travel suitcase, you will be caught.
Do not get included with controlled substances overseas! It can ruin more than your getaway. It can destroy your life!